Baseball Softball Info for Coaches
Below you will find information about the following:
- Coaching Application
- Coaches Pledge
The Coaching Application includes:
- General Application
- Background Check Form
- Criteria for Exclusion from Coaching
- State of Ohio Concussion Education Requirement
- Broadview Heights Coaches Pledge
- Broadview Heights Parent Code of Conduct
- Zero Tolerance Policy
As a coach, parents have placed their children in your care. You will be playing a key role in their development and many of the memories they make while playing on your team will stay with them a lifetime. It is important to understand that your words and actions will have an impact on how these children view sports, competition, their team mates and most importantly – themselves. With the understanding of the important role you play, we expect each of our coaches to abide by a code of conduct as outlined in our Broadview Heights Coaches Pledge.
The Broadview Heights Coaches Pledge
- I will remember that we are youth sports coaches and that the game is for the children not the adults. I understand children participate in sports to have fun and learn the game. Winning is secondary.
- I will be a positive role model for the children, encouraging sportsmanship, showing respect and courtesy and demonstrating positive support for all players, coaches, officials and spectators at every game and practice.
- I will remind our team and fans to exhibit good sportsmanship at all times, both when winning and when losing.
- I will not ridicule or yell at any child for making a mistake but will encourage them to learn from their mistakes and strive to continuously improve.
- I will teach our players both the rules of the game and the league rules. I will make our player's parents aware of the rules. I will abide by the letter of the rule and the spirit of the rule.
- Our team will play by the rules and abide by both the letter and spirit of the rules.
- I will never harass, ridicule or criticize officials, players, opposing coaches or spectators either directly or indirectly at any time. If necessary, I will inform our player's parents and fans that this behavior is unacceptable.
- I will not use profane language or gestures.
- I will promote the emotional and physical well-being of the players ahead of any personal desire we may have to win.
- I will communicate with parents regarding practices, games and other matters.
- I will lead by example in demonstrating fair play and sportsmanship to all players.
- I will abide by the rules and policies of the City of Broadview Heights.
- I understand that I am subject to the procedures outlined in our zero tolerance disciplinary policy were I to violate any of these rules.