BROADVIEW HEIGHTS SPLASH PARK
*Please note, the splash park is closed for the 2020 season due to state restrictions from Covid 19. We look forward to opening our park again next year. Thank you*
The Broadview Heights Splash Park will be open Memorial Day through Labor Day. Admission to the Splash Park is free. Hours of operation will be 11AM to 8PM daily. The park may close at the discretion of the Parks and Recreation Department due to special events, maintenance or weather-related issues. The park WILL close if temperature is below 70 as per accuweather or poor weather conditions such as thunderstorms or lightning.
Please Note: The splash park will be open at 2pm on June 7th to accommodate our senior lunch.
The Splash Park was funded in part through a NatureWorks Grant awarded to the City of Broadview Heights by the Ohio Department of Natural Resources. The Splash Park is approximately 3,000 square feet and includes many play features. It is located at 9543 Broadview Road on the Broadview Center campus, next to the playground. The area also includes a concession stand, restrooms, pavilion, skate park, and playground. The nearby concession stand will also be open daily. Food items such as hot dogs, nachos, beverages, candy and snacks will be available for purchase. The Splash Park Rules and Regulation are listed below, posted at the Splash Park and are also available online. Everyone utilizing the splash park must adhere to the posted rules and regulations or they will be asked to leave the premises. For more information contact: 440-838-4522.
Due to the large crowds we experience, there are no group events permitted at the splash park. This includes birthday parties, field trips, rentals, etc.
SPLASH PARK RULES and REGULATIONS
- In case of emergency call 9-1-1
- Report any concerns to: Parks and Recreation Department 440-838-4522 or Broadview Heights
Police, Non-Emergency Line 440-526-5400.
- Use the Splash Park at your own risk.
- The City of Broadview Heights is not responsible for any accident or injury to persons or property resulting from use of the Splash Park.
- The City of Broadview Heights is not responsible for lost or stolen items.
- Children under the age of 12 must be accompanied by an adult over the age of 18 years. Adults must supervise children at all times.
- Do not drink the water.
- Be aware – areas may be slippery when wet.
- Shower before entering Splash Park.
- Proper swim attire must be worn (bathing suits must be worn). No t-shirts, pants, shorts, dresses, etc.
- Please take children on frequent restroom breaks and check diapers often. Swim diapers must be worn by all children who are not potty trained – no cloth diapers permitted. Change diapers only in a restroom. Wash hands after use of restrooms and/or changing diapers.
- Persons having or reasonably suspected to have any considerable areas of exposed sub-dermal tissue, cuts, or known or recognizable contagious or communicable diseases, cough, cold, open sores, blisters, bandaged wound, fever, diarrhea, inflammation of the eyes, nasal or ear discharge, shall not be permitted to enter the splash park.
- Anyone who has had diarrhea should not use the facility for two weeks.
- The following are prohibited:
NO LARGE GROUPS OR PARTIES PERMITTED
- No buckets
- No smoking
- No alcoholic beverages permitted on city property
- No glass containers permitted
- No pets allowed
- No weapons or firearms permitted
- No t-shirts, pants, shorts, dresses, etc.
- No food or beverage permitted on the Splash Park pad due to food allergies
- No running or rough play
- No jumping, climbing, or hanging from play features or fence
- No skateboards, roller blades, bicycles, scooters, or motorized vehicles allowed
- No foul language or excessively loud behavior
- Chairs, strollers and wagons are not permitted on the Splash Park pad. (Inside pad and areas where there is water)
- Spitting, urinating, blowing of nose, spouting of water or depositing foreign matter is strictly prohibited.
- Use of Splash Park shall be prohibited during severe weather. Be mindful of inclement weather. Vacate pad at first sound of thunder or sign of lightning.