Patrol Officer Exam Notice
To apply, please visit the Application & Upload Center.
The submittal DEADLINE is September 2, 2022, at 11:59 PM EST
The City of Broadview Heights is an Equal Opportunity employer seeking applicants for the position of Patrol Officer. The City of Broadview Heights is currently accepting National Testing Network (NTN) test results for Patrol Officers.
Successful candidates will be notified regarding interviews and could be contacted for any additional questions or concerns. Any applicable extra credit will be applied following a passing test score submission.
Starting salary $70,368 3rd Class (with OPOTA); $61,149 at Academy
Benefits include Medical and Life Insurance, Uniform Allowance, Holiday and Longevity Pay, and Personal and Sick Leave available.
- Age 21 to under 35 at the time of appointment
- Tri-C Physical Agility Certificate ( must be less than 1 year 9/2/21-9/2/22)
- US Citizen
- High School Grad/GED
- Valid OHIO State Driver's License
- Ability to Read/Speak English
- Must have corrected vision in both eyes to 20/20 and not color blind.
- A score of at least 70% is required for each of the three exam sections (reading, writing, and video portion).
Preference Points are awarded as follows: (documentation is required to receive points)
- Associates Degree: 2 points
- Ohio Peace Officers Training Academy: 2 points (If not a current police officer, certification must be less than 1 year)
- Bachelor's Degree: 4 Points
- Military Service: After 180 of active duty service is complete, the applicant rates 1 point for every full year thereafter up to a maximum of 10 points.
Under no circumstances will more than 10 points be awarded from one or any combination of the above preference point categories.
- Successfully passing the Civil Service exam through National Testing Network and background check.
- Ability to obtain and maintain certification in Law Enforcement Automatic Data System (LEADS).
- Successfully passing yearly weapons qualification.
- Thorough knowledge of modern law enforcement principles, procedures, techniques, and equipment
- Attention to detail and ability to make decisions without direct supervision within the guidelines of the law and departmental policy.
- Excellent problem-solving abilities and initiative