Programs & Services
Listed below are other Services we offer.
- 55 Driver Safety Program: In cooperation with AARP, the City hosts driving classes every year in May.
- Tax Preparation: AARP helps low-to-moderate income taxpayers file their taxes at no charge and on time! Registration begins in January.
- Computer Laboratory: The lab is open for resident use, with regular scheduled classes also available.
- Glucose, Blood Pressure Screenings: These are performed by University Hospital Parma Medical Center regularly, no fasting and reservations are necessary. Free cholesterol screenings are scheduled and advertised yearly.
- Human Services Library: Many donated books, magazines, and puzzles are available on an honor basis.
- Job Search Support: To schedule an appointment with a licensed Social Worker available to assist in your job search, call 440-526-4074 for more information..
- Medicare Counseling: OSHIIP certified volunteer counsels every second Thursday of the month - call 440-526-4074 to schedule an appointment.
- Snow Removal: The city provides snow removal for those who qualify. Applications are available at the Human Services Department, and are accepted throughout the month of October.
- Yuletide Hunger Program: This program is a cooperative community effort between the cities of Broadview Heights, Brecksville, Independence, and Seven Hills, as well as the school systems. It provides food, clothing, toys, etc. for families in need during the holiday season.