History of Broadview Heights

 
The Chippewa Indians originally occupied the land that is now Broadview Heights. The first white man to settle here was Seth Paine who, in 1811, was sent here as a surveyor by Colonel John Breck. Col. Breck's land included what is now known as Brecksville, Broadview Heights, and North Royalton. In 1926, the residents in what is now Broadview Heights petitioned for and received incorporation for the Village of Broadview Heights in 1927. Descendants of some of our pioneer families still live in Broadview Heights.